Master in Instructional Design for Online Education
EHEI - European Higher Education Institute
Full time, Part time
20 Jan 2024
Earliest start date
29 Jan 2024
Accredited by the Malta Further & Higher Education Authority (Mfhea)
Technology has transformed the way we learn and has opened up new possibilities for students and teachers, by increasing flexibility, personalized learning and collaboration, and accessibility to a wide range of resources. In this context, the Master in instructional design for online education addresses the impact of education technology in the teaching and learning process and prepares students to achieve advanced skills in instructional design and curriculum design, online education, instructional tools, pedagogy innovation, and research.
The program provides students with a wide breadth of knowledge, from the history of instructional design to emerging methods for instructional delivery, and presents the latest research in instructional design methods by combining real-world applications and practical skills. Upon completion of the master's degree, students will be able to analyze the main challenges of using technology in education and apply instructional design principles with research and problem-solving skills to solve a variety of instructional issues and make evidence-driven design decisions. The entire program is taught in English and all of the classes are designed using the most current research on online pedagogies to provide students with effective teaching practices and experience.
The Online Education That Fits Your Needs
Our online education model gives you the freedom to complete classes on your schedule and create a learning experience that fits your needs, with access to faculty and advisors who will support you throughout the master's.
All the modules will be taught online through an interactive Virtual Learning Environment where you can access synchronous and asynchronous lectures and project-based and lab activities. Live interactive sessions and webinars will be organized by the professor to deepen relevant topics, present case studies, and organize practical activities. The module also includes different discussion forums that allow students to create and process information, practice critical thinking, and collaborate and interact simultaneously or asynchronously in the online learning environment.
Customized assistance by faculty and academic advisors will be provided to the students throughout the academic journey to improve academic success and results.
- 100% Online
- Full-Time and Part-Time Schedule
- 90 ECTS / 2.250 Hours of Instruction
- Level 7 Eqf European Qualification Framework
- Language of Instruction English
- Tuition Cost € 3.500
The master lasts 18 months and awards students 90 ECTS.
The program is structured in 3 semesters of 6 months and includes the following modules:
- Curriculum Design
- Education Technologies
- Online Education Model Design
- Adult Education and Lifelong Learning
- LMS and VLE
- Instructional Design
- Online education evolution
- Education leadership and management
- Instructional methods and strategies Innovative education tools and services
- Project work
Upon completion of the program, graduates will develop the skills required to integrate current and emerging technologies into the curriculum, use effective LMS and mobile learning environments, and develop interactive digital assessment methods and tools.
They will also develop the specific set of competencies needed to:
- Identify current and emerging technology and their relations with instructional design methods;
- Define instructional design models, principles, and best practices;
- Use and apply technologies to support student learning and improve students' results;
- Design learning activities, assessment methods, and assignments using rubrics, storyboards, and other teaching tools;
- Practice and use the different instructional design models: ADDIE model, Merrill's First Principles of Instruction, Bloom's
- Taxonomy, and Gagne's Nine Events of Instruction;
- Analyze the main principles of collective intelligence, social media use in online education, and collaborative learning.
- Manage instructional design projects and teams.
Real Career Benefits
Instructional designers play a critical role in developing and improving educational materials and programs to ensure that learners can acquire knowledge and skills most efficiently and effectively. The demand for Instructional Designers is currently high and the average salaries for expert professionals in the field continue to increase globally. Instructional designers are now sought after and employed by schools and higher education institutions, companies from different industries, nonprofit organizations, and government agencies.
Multiple career options for instructional designers offer great flexibility and the opportunity to work remotely for prestigious companies and Higher education institutions.
Most Demanded Careers
- Instructional Designer - an average of € 68.000 per year
- Instructional Technologist - average salary of € 60.000 per year
- Training and Development Manager - average salary of € 75.000 per year
- Director of Instructional Design project - average salary of € 98.000 per year
- Learning consultant - average salary of € 60.000 per year
- Training and Development Specialist for corporate education - average salary of € 60.000 per year