Master in Decision Systems Engineering
Universidad Rey Juan Carlos T
EUR 45 / per credit *
Earliest start date
* resident students, per credit, price; €84.07: non-resident students, per credit, price
What knowledge will I acquire with this Master's?
The Master develops knowledge aimed at training top-level professionals, capable of solving complex decision-making problems and leading teams in the Information and Knowledge Society, in order to improve the organizations in which they are involved.
Is this degree official according to the regulations required by the European Higher Education Area?
Students who have possession of an official Spanish university degree or another issued by a higher education institution of the European Higher Education Area that empowers in the country issuing the degree for access to Master's degrees.
To train top-level professionals, capable of solving complex decision-making problems and leading teams in the Information and Knowledge Society, in order to improve the organizations in which they are involved.
- That the student acquires sufficient basic knowledge and understanding to develop and apply original ideas in the context of Research. Evaluation: Reading and presentation of relevant research work in the field, as well as proposals for their improvement. If the knowledge were highly theoretical, it could be assessed by taking exams;
- That the student is able to apply their knowledge and understanding, as well as their problem-solving skills, in new or unfamiliar environments and in broad contexts, dialoguing with professionals/researchers from other fields such as doctors, economists, engineers, sociologists, political scientists, computer scientists, etc. Evaluation: Realization and presentation of works in which problems with multidisciplinary needs are solved;
- That the student is able to reflect on the social and ethical responsibilities linked to the application of their knowledge and judgments. Assessment: Completion of work and student participation in forums on social issues;
- That the student is able to communicate their conclusions, knowledge, and the conceptual framework on which they are based, clearly and without ambiguity, both to expert and non-expert audiences. Evaluation: Exhibition of works and participation in forums;
- That the student develops learning skills that allow them to continue their training. Assessment: Reading and carrying out innovative works that include new topics.
- CG01 - That students have knowledge for the application and development of original ideas in any context, especially in the Research context
- CG02 - That students are able both to use the knowledge and to solve problems in new environments, collaborating with professionals/researchers from other fields such as doctors, economists, engineers, sociologists, political scientists, computer scientists, etc.
- CG03 - That students are able to make judgments, with the information available, that include reflections on the social and ethical responsibilities linked to the application of knowledge.
- CG04 - That the students know how to communicate, both to expert and non-expert audiences, their conclusions, knowledge, and conceptual framework on which they are based.
- CG05 - That students develop the capacity for self-learning to continue their training autonomously.
- CE01 - That the student is capable of developing and applying original ideas in the area of decision-making assistance, using tools and models for data analysis and Operations Research.
- CE02 - That the student is capable of leading multidisciplinary teams in order to face and solve decision-making problems.
- CE03 - That the student acquires the ability to integrate knowledge, face complexity, as well as formulate judgments based on uncertain information by means of data analysis tools, all based on socially responsible utility functions.
- CE04 - In the context of general competence 4, that the student is able to fully justify the alternatives/decisions that must be made to all types of audiences.
- CE05 - That the student is able to continue their training in the field of Decision Engineering Systems, through the management of leading publications.
The requirements for access to the proposed degree are according to article 16, Royal Decree 1393/2007, modified by Royal Decree 861/2010, of July 2:
- To access the official Master's degrees, it will be necessary to hold an official Spanish university degree or another issued by a higher education institution belonging to another State that is part of the European Higher Education Area that empowers there to access teachings of Master.
- Likewise, graduates in accordance with educational systems outside the European Higher Education Area will be able to access without having their qualifications approved, after verification by the University that they accredit a level of training equivalent to the corresponding official Spanish university degrees and empower in the country issuing the degree for access to postgraduate education. Access by this means will not imply, in any case, the homologation of the previous degree that the interested party is in possession, nor its recognition for other purposes than that of taking the Master's degrees.
Recommended access criteria for the title
General access criteria:
The specific degrees that will facilitate access to the Master in Decision Engineering online (not face-to-face) are the following:
Degrees in Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Business Administration and Management, as well as studies related to those mentioned.
For students with the title of Computer Engineer, Technical Engineer in Management Computer Science, or Technical Engineer in Computer Systems, the preferred admission criteria will be an academic record and work experience.
For students from other undergraduate degrees, the admission criteria will include the affinity of the study plans of the universities of origin and letters of recommendation from the academic or professional field, which will be evaluated by the Admission Commission.
Conditions or special access tests:
It is not contemplated the realization of specific tests for the access of graduates superior to this title. Of course, it will be valued that the degree that the students have is related to the degree offered.
Where appropriate, if necessary, the student's curriculum will be assessed, taking into account their professional experience, their projection in relation to the objectives of the master, as well as their academic record.
Offer of places: 49 places. If the minimum number of students foreseen is not reached in a course, the University may choose not to open the teaching group.
|Codes||Subject||Semester||Kind||No. of ECTS|
|624102||Quality: Six Sigma||1st||required||6|
|624104||Modeling and Treatment of Uncertainty||1st||required||6|
|624105||Management and Planning||1st||Optional||6|
|624108||Simulation and Metaheuristics||2nd||required||6|
|624109||Big Data Analysis||2nd||required||6|
|624110||Final Master's Project||2nd||TFM||12|