Online MSc Mental Health
University of Birmingham Online
UK Online, United Kingdom
GBP 17,030 / per year
Earliest start date
There are multiple intakes a year. Students can join the program in February, June, and October.
Online MSc Mental Health
The Future is Ready.
The Institute of Mental Health and the School of Psychology bring you a 100% online MSc in Mental Health, focusing on interdisciplinary approaches to mental health research and theory. By studying this program, you will be uniquely focused on developing a theoretical holistic understanding of mental health diagnosis, treatment, and research, and discovering the range of assessment types, all emphasizing youth mental health.
- Ranked as a world top 100 university (QS 2024)
- Aligned with the research excellence and specialisms of the Institute for Mental Health (IMH)
- World-class Russell Group University
Gain a holistic view of mental health
Learn how you can help prevent long-term mental health issues by studying a comprehensive approach to mental health and topics like digital mental health, addiction, and biopsychosocial approaches with a focus on how mental health evolves in youth.
The online MSc in Mental Health is a 180-credit full master's program. With 12 core modules and 8-week courses, you’ll have plenty of time to grasp mental health principles. You will study six 10-credit modules in year one, followed by six 10-credit modules in year two. You will also have the opportunity to complete a dissertation at the end of year two, equal to 60 credits of study.
- Biopsychosocial Approaches to Mental Health: Epidemiology and Diagnosis
- Psychological Biological and Social Factors in Mental Health: Causes and Treatments
- Psychology of Suicide
- Research Methods in Mental Health: Quantitative Approaches Case-Control Studies and Clinical trials
- Research Methods in Mental Health: Qualitative Approaches and Meta Synthesis
- Psychology of Youth Mental Health: Brain Development, Early Intervention, and communication
- Service User Involvement in Mental Health
- Translational Cognitive Neuroscience and Mental Health
- Philosophy and Psychopathology in Mental Health
- Ethics in Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Digital Mental Health: Research, Interventional and Youth
- Dissertation in Mental Health
- Top 100 Global University (QS 2024)
- World-class Russell Group university
Program Tuition Fee
Support mental health care now by exploring a career in mental health.
- Mental Health Manager
- Health Promotion Officer
- Wellbeing Practitioner
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.