Western Iowa Tech Community College is a publicly supported comprehensive community college serving the Iowa counties of Cherokee, Crawford, Ida, Monona, Plymouth, and Woodbury, which have a combined population of about 180,000. A nine-member Board of Directors provides governance for Western Iowa Tech Community College. The board members are elected from the nine districts in the six-county service area. The College is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and is regulated by the Iowa State Department of Education.
Is Online For Me?
With Western Iowa Tech's online classes, students can choose from hundreds of course offerings. You can earn college credits or even some entire degrees in some cases. All you need is a computer and internet access, just login and follow the instructions. Tech support is available 24/7. Students can ask the instructor questions, take tests, access grades and take part in threaded discussions, all online, anywhere.
As a comprehensive community college, our mission is to provide quality education and to economically enhance the communities we serve.
Values & Guiding Principles
- Student Learning - We value the personal, intellectual, and occupational growth of our students.
- Quality - We are committed to quality instruction and services to maximize student success and employer satisfaction.
- Access - We provide access to the College by addressing student needs related to time, location, and cost.
- Diversity - We respect individual differences and strive to meet the needs of our diverse communities.
- Lifelong Learning - We promote lifelong learning for personal and professional development.
- Academic Freedom - We are dedicated to the free exchange of ideas and information which promotes our growth as an educational institution.
- Shared Governance - We believe in shared governance and encourage our employees and students to contribute to the development of the College.
- Efficiency and Effectiveness - We are committed to continuous improvement and fiscal responsibility within our educational programs and College services.
- Dedication - We value a workplace that promotes mutual respect and cooperation between the College and the employees.
- Professional Integrity - We are committed to the high standards of ethics and integrity in our relationships, our professional activities, and the performance of our duties.
We will enhance the connections between our learners, our communities, and their college by:
- Learner Experience - Fostering a personalized learner experience that promotes access, engagement, and success through collaboration within and across departments.
- Community Connections - Anticipating and responding to the changing educational and workforce needs of our communities.