Who we are
LSC Stanton is a combination of two well-established independent English language schools:
- London Study Centre: an English language school that was established in 1975 and based in Bayswater in London
- Stanton School of English: an English language school that was established in 1973 and based in Bayswater in London
Both LSC and Stanton School were independently owned and are not part of language school chains. Both schools have been continuously accredited by the British Council since 1978. In 2015, these schools were merged and the operations were centred in Bayswater. LSC's management team, headed by Margaret McLeod, Principal, took over the management of the combined business, whilst the Stanton School management team and teachers were retained so as to ensure continued excellent service to LSC Stanton's students and partners.
We have been accredited by the British Council since 1978 so if you want to learn English in London LSC Stanton is the perfect choice for you!
We offer competitive prices and excellent value for money.
With over 40 years’ experience, we are completely focused on your success. We have our own academic methodology which means you will very quickly improve your English and become more confident.
Study English in London:
- 100% interactive communicative lessons
- All teachers are qualified to teach English and are carefully selected by the Principal and Academic Manager
- We have six levels of English so you can learn English at precisely the right level for you
- We use up-to-date methods and materials
- Combination of two well-established English language schools based in central London
- Continuously accredited by the British Council since 1978
- Over 2,000 students year round
- More than 35 different nationalities
- Minimum age: 16 (for adult courses)
Why LSC Stanton?
When we ask our students why they chose LSC Stanton as their English school in London, they always give us a number of different reasons. Here are some of the main ones:
- Personal recommendation – Many of our students come to LSC Stanton to learn English because a friend or member of their family recommends LSC to them. 96% of our students say that they will recommend LSC Stanton to their friends.
- Experience – We were established in 1975, and have built up a good reputation in the English language market by offering interesting and challenging English courses that enable our students to make the best progress they can and to communicate more effectively in English, leading to greater achievements in their personal and professional lives when they leave us.
- Progress - Everyone who studies at LSC Stanton has individual goals that they wish to achieve. From the moment you arrive – and throughout your stay – we will work with you to make sure that everything you do maximises your chances of making good progress.
- Accreditations - We are accredited by the British Council. This helps to reassure you that respected professional organisations inspect us on a regular basis.
- Flexible course offering – We offer different English Language courses in London: English courses of up 25 lessons per week in international groups, Private Tuition courses of 5 lessons per week, tuition in the home of an English language tutor. So we have the right course for you, whatever your level of English.
- Location - If you want to study in London, our location is unbeatable. We are based in the heart of London, in beautiful Bayswater! Bayswater offers students the best of everything: it is a safe, upmarket area that is located in central London (zone 1), close to Big Ben and Buckingham Palace and minutes away from the famous Hyde Park and Portobello Road, plus it is a lively and modern area with great cafés, pubs and restaurants.
LSC Stanton is based in beautiful Bayswater, a fashionable area of central London in Zone 1. Our school is located on Queensway, a bustling cosmopolitan street, with many bars, restaurants and shops, including the famous Whiteleys shopping centre.
Our well-appointed building has 4 floors and 15 air-conditioned classrooms and student lounges with wifi. Our location enjoys fantastic transport connections, the closest Underground stations being Bayswater (2 mins), Queensway (4 mins) and Paddington (10 mins), and we are within walking distance of the well-known Kensington Palace, Kensington Gardens / Hyde Park and the world-famous Portobello Road.
This school offers programs in: